Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday weekend fit for a princess




I had the best weekend birthday celebration ever!
Friday night we went with friends (Myon and John, Kelli and Mark) to a scrumptious dinner at Hyde Park. The food was fabulous and the company was wonderful. It was our first date night since January (no, we don’t get out much!) While we were eating, Brett pointed out that Mike Tomlin was sitting at a table right behind us. We ended the evening with special desserts. Me and Myon for our March birthday and Kelli because she is PREGNANT!






Saturday I woke up at 5AM because I was so excited about the day ahead.
Brett, being the best husband in the world, arranged to treat me and all my closest friends to a birthday party at Details spa.

My two BFF’s Marsha and Wendy met me at my house and we headed to the spa for a day of pampering.


I could not believe how nice the spa was decorated. We had the whole “party” room to ourselves. Everyone had pink robes to put on of course!
There was yummy food, pink streamers and Brett got me a Hello Kitty birthday cake! The other girls all arrived (there were eight of us in all) and we had the best day of girl bonding. I am so blessed to have such greet friends. I want to make this an annual tradition.







Saturday night Marsha and Wendy hung out at my house. We tried on clothes in my bedroom and had some more girl-bonding. It felt like it could have been a Saturday night 15 years ago when we were getting ready to go out on the town (okay, maybe a little longer than that.)
Wendy and started looking through pictures later in the evening, of course I ended up laughing so hard I spit out my drink.


Thank you Brett and all my friends for sharing in my birthday weekend.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday and I am looking forward to spending the day with my family. After that I can no longer use the excuse “it’s my birthday”, until next year that is.


2 comments:

wendy said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your birthday weekend. I know I had a lot of fun and look forward to next year.

Brett thanks again for everything!!!

and Sarah I am still picturing you spitting your drink out. LOL!!!!
Love ya,
wendy

Anonymous said...

That was one fun day. (and also a little get away for me from my wonderful kids) Molly was so jealous! Thanks for inviting me and having me be a part of your special day.

VEGAS here we come!!!

Love ya,
Marsha